To keep users’ information safe and secure, Facebook is changing the way all partners like Sooner Marketing Solutions access data. We are in full support of these changes because we believe they are critical to maintaining trust between our customers and their customers. Feel free to read some of these changes.
As of April 4th, changes to the Facebook and Instagram APIs have impacted Hootsuite in the following ways:
- Facebook Group, Event, and Page Search streams will no longer display identifiable user information such as username and profile picture.
- Facebook Page Search streams will be deprecated. It will no longer be possible to add streams for Pages you do not own.
- Facebook Events and Groups will be deprecated from the dashboard, including:
- Events streams for Facebook profiles, groups, and Pages.
- All Facebook Group streams: Timeline, Scheduled, and Activity.
- Publishing to Groups.
- Facebook Pages added or reconnected in Hootsuite after April 4 will no longer support Facebook private messaging functionality. This means that the following will no longer be available:
- Messages stream for Facebook Pages.
- Automation and assignments for Facebook private messages.
- Mentioning Instagram users, Facebook Pages, or Facebook users in posts will no longer be supported.
- Tagging Facebook branded content will no longer be supported.
- Liking Instagram posts or comments will no longer be supported.
- Following or unfollowing Instagram users will no longer be supported.
- Commenting on Instagram posts will no longer be supported, except Instagram Business profiles who can continue commenting on their own posts.
- Instagram user search streams will be deprecated.
- Instagram data will no longer be available in Hootsuite Impact’s Brand Tracker module.
- Identifiable Instagram user information such as usernames and profile pictures will no longer be displayed in hashtag/location searches, comments in Analytics, and mentions in Hootsuite Insights.
- Instagram profiles which show user bio, followers, following and recently posted media will no longer be available.
As a strategic partner we will continue to work with Facebook to ensure a great outcome for our customers and will provide updates as we have them.